Newton weekly | 2018.10.15- 2018.10.21
❏ Technical dynamics
1. The NewChain main network has completed the global node deployment and is ready for the official launch.
2. The password of keystore in NewPay has been strengthened and the design of joint login function has been completed. NewID function system conducted the first round of testing and some relevant preparation for coming into the use case market have been done.
3. The bug in Synchronization program of the NewExplorer have been fixed.
4. The official website has a new Portuguese version and added some community information such as the United Kingdom, India, Serbia, and Saudi Arabia. The display of navigation and community information has been completed and improved.
❏ Team dynamics
1. On the afternoon of October 20th, Newton founder Xu Jizhe and Newton advisor Dr. Hu Dinghe attended the “Akiba Block Chain Summit 2018” in Tokyo, Japan. This summit aims to explore the development of blockchain technology andits diversified use cases.
Mr.Xu exchanged the frontier topics of blockchain technology with attendees from all walks of life, and shared the technical structure and commercial implementation plan of the Newton Project with the guests present.
2. On October 18th, US Eastern Time, the 2018 Mars Blockchain (New York) Summit was held in New York, USA. The leading financial institutions and blockchain industry leaders from Wall Street and China held a high-level dialogue around the blockchain “NEXT STEP”.
In the round table discussion on “public chain outbreaks and landing use cases”, Newton advisor and Wolfram Research co-founder Theodore Gray said: We haven’t thought of what the killer use case is. Just as you look at the Internet in the 1990s, you can’t imagine what the future will look like. The reason why the killer use case has not been conceived is because of infrastructure problems, a solution that increases the speed by 100 times is not enough, a million times speed increase may be enough.
3. On October 18th, the second enlarged conference of the 2nd Standing Committee of the International Fund for China’s Environment (Macau) was held at the headquarters of China ThreeGorges Corporation. Dr. HuDinghe, the Newton advisor and director of the Green Blockchain Specialized Committee of the International Fund for China’s Environment (Macau), attended the enlarged meeting. Yuan Guolin, former deputy general manager of China Three Gorges Corporation, Zhang Songlin, Party committee secretary of China General Nuclear Power International Corporation, Liangzhou, vice chief economist of China Southern Power Grid, Zhu Danwei, general manager of China Southern Power Grid Yunnan International Corporation, and Lu Zhiyong, general manager of China Gezhouba Group Equipment Industry Corporation also attended the enlarged meeting.
It is reported that the 7th International Fund for China’s Environment (Macau) is scheduled to be held in Macau from December 11th to 13th. The leaders of the CPPCC, the Chief Executive of Macao, the ambassadors of the 10- member ASEAN organization and the Minister of DOE will attend. During the forum, the 2019 Green Blockchain Industry Summit will be held.
The International Clean Energy Forum (Macau) is supported by the CPPCC and the Macao Special Administrative Region, led by the China Economic and Social Council and funded by the Macao Foundation. China Three Gorges Corporation and SJM Holdings Limited, etc. are the governing units. The forum is a non-profit international organization established in Macao with the aim of “committed to the innovation of cleanenergy technology and the improvement of industrial competitiveness”.
❏ Community dynamics
1. “Newton Global 100-City Tour — Tokyo Station” will be held on October 23 at 18:30 (Tokyo time) in Tokyo, Japan. In this week, Xu jizhe, the founder of Newton, arrived in Japan, and met with the Newton community node BLOCKTECH team to discuss the promotion of Newton in Japan.
2. In this week, Newton has built groups of telegram in the UK, India, Serbia and Saudi Arabia. Currently, Newton has 46 overseas social media groups from 26 countriesand regions in Asia, North America, South America, Europe and Oceania.
In this week, some we-media in blockchain such as Liantuan Finance have reported “Xu jizhe: The future will be the era of small data, everyone contributes, everyone benefits”, explained in detail the chain-commerce model in Newton — “everyone contributes, everyone benefits”, the chain-commerce as Newton’s first use case in commerce and Newton’s overall layout in its commercialization journey.